Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Beach Memories

Summer is almost here; so, the question to answer is "Which Florida beach to visit first?" Check out the AAA article to make your list and discover why seven of Florida's beaches made it on the Travel Channel's list of the best beaches. http://www.aaasouth.com/current_issue/feat_florida2_mj07.asp

When I was a child my family camped in Jetty Park at Cape Canaveral. It was an incredible experience to see moonlight sparkling on the receding tide, to be the first person on the beach in the morning to greet the gulls and sand pipers, and to catch flounder and pig fish with my grandmother, mother and sister. I hope you will make some great beach memories this summer - just remember your sunscreen.

4 comments:

Valerie said...

Tonia for a minute there, I thought I was reading a book. Whate a beautiful memory. Thanks for sharing

Bibliobabe said...

Are those your toes in the picture? My favorite beaches are in the panhandle, near Destin. They are white sane beaches and just absolutely breathtaking. You need lots and lots of sunscreen on those beaches!

Booker said...

We go to Cocoa Beach most often and enjoy just looking for treasures, reading and snoozing (mainly me), and running around. We did get a small board for our five year old though....great link with idea for other beaches though!

coconutty said...

I love the link to the beaches and will use it when we travel to the coast this summer. I also have fond memories of the beaches hearing the sea gulls, the waves and my children laughing. Thanks for bringing me back there!