Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Week 3 - Share

When I searched Grokker for National Historic Landmarks in Florida I unselected Wikipedia in the Search Options box. This surprisingly increased the total results, and led me to websites that I consider more reputable than wikipedia. Not to be an information snob, I feel a little more comfortable relying on sites that end in .gov and .org. Initially, I preferred the Outline View because my learning style preference is Auditory; therefore the Map View seemed overwhelming and cluttered.

Then I discovered in Map View how pointing to the various icons I could view details about the link and add links to a Working List that I e-mailed to myself! I found the Grokker’s grouping of search results was helpful. I found several great sites that will become topics of future blog postings! More than that, I found a search tool more versatile than Google. Thank you.

Is Learn 2.0 working with or against my learning preference? Reading (visual learning) Learn 2.0 Course work requires a little extra attention on my part; however, including the auditory components - podcasts, videos and tutorials (voice narrated) - in the Learn 2.0 program has stimulated my interest.

No comments: