Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Week 8 - Sharing Information

When it comes to online, just the name of this week's lesson makes me nervous. Since my husband was a victim of identity theft several years ago, I am very leery about the information I am willing to share, especially online!
Flickr is a really cool way to share pictures with friends and family. Tom, I like your pictures of Lake Eola. I take it you are a duck hunter by the looks of your boat and your beautiful dog, Beau. I should introduce you to my Pastor - he is a huge hunter, has a lab named Daisy, and a boat like yours! He shares his catch with the members of the church. My Mom says he feeds our church - physically and spiritually.
The Creative Commons info piqued my curiosity - how is this enforced effectively? I found this article on the PlagiarismToday website about Creative Commons violation. I learned that sploggers (spam bloggers)"scrape" blogs for content, sometimes but not always attributing to the original creator, then earning money by surrounding the content with advertisements. This is prompting some bloggers to consider "Full Copyright" instead of using Creative Commons or create their own license.
Learning online has been a convenient process. It has been nice receiving and providing assistance. It's motivational to hear other's experiences.

No comments: